|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||6 Feb 1993|
|Written by||Sara Davidson|
|Directed by||Chuck Bowman|
The Great American Medicine Show
Bad Water is the seventh episode of Season 1 of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
Willow Creek, one of the water sources for town, is being contaminated with mercury by Clay Harding, wealthy owner of a mine, causing people to become sick. Dr. Mike goes to Harding's mill to collect a water sample with Sully and gets caught. Mr. Harding is holding them until his son drinks some of the contaminated water, getting sick himself, forcing Mr. Harding to look at the problem from a different point of view.
- Character Arc: Olive Davis, part 5 of 11.
- Clay Harding uses mercury to separate the gold from the ore at his gold mine, and puts that tainted water right into Willow Creek causing it to become poisoned.
- A mountain lion scares off the horses of Dr. Mike and Sully while they're out collecting water samples from near Harding's mill.
- Loren, Jake, Horace, Hank, and Matthew go out to rescue Dr. Mike and Sully before they're shot by Harding's men. Loren, Jake, Horace, and Hank get sprayed by a skunk after threatening it.
- Grace starts her Café on land behind Robert E.'s livery and with the financial backing of Miss Olive.
All patients treated for the effects of mercury poisoning.
- Ezra Stone
- Miss Olive
- the Reverend
- Happy Walker (found dead at his still by Willow Creek)
- Calvin Harding