|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||6 Feb 1993|
|Written by||Sara Davidson|
|Directed by||Chuck Bowman|
The Great American Medicine Show
Bad Water is the seventh episode of Season 1 of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
Willow Creek, one of the water sources for town, is being contaminated with mercury by Clay Harding, wealthy owner of a mine, causing people to become sick.Dr. Mike goes to Harding's mill to collect a water sample with Sully & gets caught. Mr. Harding is holding them until his son drinks some of the contaminated water, getting sick himself, forcing Mr. Harding to look at the problem from a different point of view.
- Arc: Olive Davis, part 5 of 11.
- Clay Harding uses mercury to seperate the gold from the ore at his gold mine & puts that tainted water right into Willow Creek causing it to become poisoned.
- A mountain lion scares of the horses of Dr. Mike & Sully while they're out to collect the water sample from near Harding's mill.
- Loren, Jake, Horace, Hank, & Matthew go out to rescue Dr. Mike & Sully before they're shot by Harding's men. Loren, Jake, Horace, & Hank get sprayed by a skunk after threatening it.
- Grace starts her cafe on land behind Robert E.'s livery & with the finacial backing of Miss Olive.
All patients treated for the effects of mercury poisoning.
- Ezra Stone
- Miss Olive
- the Reverend
- Happy Walker (found dead at his still by Willow Creek)
- Calvin Harding