|Bone of Contention|
|Season 3, Episode 20|
|Air date||11 Mar 1995|
|Written by||Danna Doyle, Debbie Smith|
|Directed by||Victor Lobl|
The Permanence of Change
Dr. John Porter, a paleontologist, visits Colorado Springs in search of dinosaur bone. While in town, he starts to dig at Cheyenne burial sites, despite the fact he didn't check with the Cheyenne and they Cheyenne are against it. When Dr. Mike, Sully, and the Cheyenne try to stop him, he ignores their warnings. In return, the dog soldiers remove a body (Maude Bray's) from the town cemetery in an effort to get the residents to understand.
- Jake, Hank, and Loren team up to make a new dinosaur, and use wolf and sheep bones, as well as the bone Loren uses as a door stop, the only actual dinosaur bone in the "dinosaur."
- Dr. Mike packed her doll and clothes and ran away to South Station when she was 7
- Loren sees Dr. Mike as the best talker in town
- Matthew and Colleen hide Brian's dinosaur bone that he received from Ethan Cooper in the season 1 episode "Father's Day" to keep him from being hurt if it doesn't turn out to be real. Brian decides in the end to give the bone to Cloud Dancing to be buried.
- Arc: Ethan Cooper, part 2 of 5. Although Ethan Cooper doesn’t appear in this episode, the bone he gave Brian in Father's Day is a focal point between Brian, Colleen, and Matthew. Brian gives this bone to Cloud Dancing to be buried. Ethan will make his second and final appearance in the two parter Cooper vs. Quinn. Brian will receive a letter and a picture from Ethan in His Father's Son.
- Note: This episode was aired out of order. This the last appearance of Erika Flores as Colleen, and follows the episode "Indian Agent."
- hurt soldier