|Change of Heart|
|Season 4, Episode 12|
|Air date||6 Jan 1996|
|Written by||Julie Henderson|
|Directed by||James Keach|
Fifi's First Christmas
Change of Heart is the twelfth episode of Season 4 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the seventy-eighth episode of the series. Dr. Mike receives word that she's the first woman admitted to the American Medical Society. When Anthony is caught stealing a pie from Grace, Robert E. wants to adopt him, not knowing he's ill with something nobody at that time can diagnose. But Grace is still healing over losing the Cheyenne baby and resists.
Meanwhile, members of town are trying to get Matthew back into courting to cheer him up. Loren Bray invites him to go strolling with the Widow Brown's daughter, Horace and Myra, a buggy ride with Horace's cousin Sophia, and Hank sends Emma to the homestead.
- Apple is Dr. Mike's favorite kind of pie
- First appearance of Emma, one of Hank's working girls.
- First appearance of Anthony. Grace is afraid of caring for Anthony as if he was her son for fear that he would later be taken away either by relocation, or death.
- The first appearance of "shanty town" the area of Colorado Springs where the former slaves lives.
- Anthony - unknown to Dr. Mike Sickle Cell Anemia - his spleen become enlarged and must be removed