|Season 6, Episode 10|
|Air date||6 Dec 1997|
|Directed by||Jerome R. London|
A Time to Heal, Part 2
After Hank accidentally hits Horace in the nose, resulting in a trip to the clinic, Matthew tells Horace something he has learned from studying the law, that Horace has the legal right to have Hank pay his medical bills from Michaela.
Meanwhile, Dorothy finds the original deed for the telegraph office. When that's compared to the deed for Grace's cafe, it's found that a portion of the land that's occupied by Grace's cafe is in both deeds. This turns into a dispute between Dorothy and Grace.
After they send for the judge to settle these two matters, Loren claims that he was crippled due to a fall at Preston's hotel and sues for negligence. In an attempt to get Preston to pay for holding him to his "double your money back guarantee."
When a judge can't come, Dr. Mike is appointed proxy judge and must hear and rule on all 3 cases herself.
- Arc: Sully in hiding, part 12 of 15. The next episode in the "Sully in hiding" arc is the episode Birdman.
- Arc: Grace and Robert E.’s Grief, part 3 of 7.
- Grace has stopped taking the tonic, and switched to drinking whiskey, and trying to hide it.
- Dr. Mike chosen as proxy judge because Loren, Hank, and Robert E. saw her as the only one everybody would listen to (Jake was out of town).
- Horace Bing - broken nose then again after Hank intentionally hit him
- Loren Bray - "hurt" leg - examined by Andrew