|Season 5, Episode 17|
|Air date||8 Feb 1997|
|Written by||Carl Binder|
|Directed by||Chuck Bowman|
The Most Fatal Disease
A House Divided
Colleen's Paper is the seventeenth episode of Season 5 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the one hundred-tenth episode of the series. One of Colleen's professors gives the assignment to ask a doctor what their most memorable case is write a paper about it over the weekend. Colleen naturally chooses Dr. Mike and the two of them reminisce about the cases Dr. Mike has seen since coming to Colorado Springs while tending to a sick Andrew.
- Incorrectly says Dr. Mike has treated Preston only once - kidney stones - forgetting when he was hurt rescuing Caleb Leonard and his sprained arm in A New Life.
- Andrew's appendix was removed 2 years ago by his uncle
- Dr. Mike's most memorable case - birth of Katie
- Colleen's Paper is the only episode that both Erika Flores and Jessica Bowman appear, the two actresses who play Colleen. Erika Flores can be seen in the Pilot and Running Ghost flashbacks. Colleen's Paper is also the second clip show of the series. The third and final clip show is To Have and to Hold.
- Dr. Andrew Cook - spotted fever (aka black measles). The spotted fever that is indigenous to Colorado would be the Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- The "dead" man in Halloween
- John in Halloween II
- Black Kettle tracheotomy in Pilot
- Horace Bing - multiple episodes ear wax in Pilot, blister in Running Ghost, shot with arrow in The Incident, appendicitis in The End of the World, after his surrey tips A New Life, flip in Traveling All-Stars
- Preston A. Lodge III - kidney stone in Fifi's First Christmas
- Death of Dorothy's husband in Sanctuary
- The Changs with lead carbonate poisoning in Things My Father Never Taught Me
- Mrs. Quinn's hepatitis in Where the Heart Is
- Anthony's sickle cell anemia, scenes from Change of Heart
- Cloud Dancing - stabbing in Last Chance
- Dorothy's tumor in Ladies Night
- Sam's leukemia in Pike's Peace
- Ingrid's rabies in Brother's Keeper
- Charlotte Cooper - rattle snake bit in Pilot
- Loren's stroke in Promises, Promises
- Brian Cooper in The Operation
- Sully in Running Ghost
- giving birth to Katie in When a Child Is Born, Part 2