|Cooper vs Quinn|
|Season 3, Episode 17|
|Air date||4 Feb 1995|
|Written by||Sara Davidson|
|Directed by||Chuck Bowman Daniel Attias|
What Is Love?
Dr. Mike and Sully, with the children's approval, have decided to officially adopt them. Since Mr. Cooper, their biological father, is still alive, they place notices in several papers, not really expecting him to see one them. However, he does and comes into town with his new wife Lillian. Mr. Cooper agrees to the adoption, until they learn Lillian can't have children since she doesn't have a uterus. Then he changes his mind due to his father in law have a fair amount of money to will to his grandchild(ren) and Lilian is an only child.
Dr. Mike and Sully sue for custody and the judge ruled in favor of Mr. Cooper and places Colleen and Brian with him. Colleen and Brian run away, with the intention of staying hidden until Mr. Cooper and Lilian leave. Dr. Mike is worried and she and Sully go out to look for them and find them, but not before Colleen gets sick.
- Roman day at school - contests and day of doing things the Roman way
- Lillian didn't know about the children until she saw the notice in the Denver Paper and showed it to Mr. Cooper.
- Lillian Cooper cannot have any kids ever.
- Arc: Ethan Cooper, parts 3 & 4 of 5.
- Ethan Cooper makes his second and final appearance on the show. The bone he gave Brian became a point of contention between Brian, Colleen, and Matthew in the episode Bone of Contention. Brian will receive a letter and a picture from Ethan in the episode His Father's Son.
- Note: These two episode were aired out of order. Due to Erika Flores’s appearance in the episode “Bone of Contention,“ these two episode take place after “Bone of Contention.”
- Samantha Bing - check-up
- Lillian Cooper - uterine agenesis (aka no uterus) (officially called Müllerian agenesis, also known as Mayer–Rokitansky–Küster–Hauser syndrome (MRKH) or vaginal agenesis)
- Colleen Cooper - pneumonia