|Deal with the Devil|
|Season 4, Episode 18|
|Air date||17 Feb 1996|
|Written by||Nancy Bond|
|Directed by||Bobby Roth|
Dead or Alive, Part 2
Eye for an Eye
Deal with the Devil is the eighteenth episode of Season 4 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the eighty-fourth episode of the series
The Reverend learns that Rev. Thomas, his former teacher and mentor will be vising town. In an effort to give a good impression, the Reverend tries to get the money to fix up the church. When time runs low, the Reverend gets desperate and borrows the money from Hank.
- Brian's piece for the Gazette is a piece on the train for the Founder's Day edition. Dr. Mike forgot to give it to Dorothy.
- Guest star: Fred Rogers (from the PBS TV Series "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood") as Rev. Thomas. This episode was the only time that Fred Rogers appeared on TV playing a character. In his other guest spots, from Sesame Street to Arsenio Hall to the animated series "Arthur", he always appeared as himself.
- At the beginning of the episode, Sully is dismayed at the idea of painting his soon-to-arrive baby's crib blue, lest the baby turn out to be a girl. However, the color schemes of blue for boys and pink for girls did not arise in popular culture until the early 20th century. Before then, pastel colors were generally considered gender-neutral choices for babies. In some sources, pink was even perceived as the more "manly" color.
- Edwin James - unknown, painful condition
- Rev. Timothy Johnson - fell off of ladder on to his arm