|Season 4, Episode 6|
|Air date||4 Nov 1995|
|Written by||Philip Gerson|
|Directed by||Chuck Bowman|
"Dorothy's Book" is the sixth episode of the the Season 4 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the seventy-second episode of the series.
Dorothy had secretly written a book (My Town) about the town and the people in it. It's now published and for sale at Loren's store. When people discover she wrote things they would rather not have the world know, everybody gets upset, especially Dr. Mike, who feels betrayed. Dorothy had written about some of the things Dr. Mike had told Dorothy in confidence. Everybody eventually realizes what Dorothy's intentions were, and forgive her. Matthew is the first to figure out Dorothy's intentions for himself.
Secrets in the Book
- Grace - is childless and has taken Myra and Samantha under her wing
- Dr. Mike - how she'd never been with a man and was afraid
- The Reverend - life as a card shark and gambler before becoming a minister
- Jake - his alcoholism
- Loren - only one line
- Horace - has a problem with Myra's history of being one of Hank's girls being in the book
- Colleen - how Jesse tricked her on the cattle drive
- Matthew - gambled away the town's money and Ingrid's engagement ring