|Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman: The Heart Within|
|Season , Episode|
|Air date||12 May 2001|
|Written by||Beth Sullivan|
|Directed by||Jerry London|
Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman: The Movie
Dr. Mike, Sully, Brian, and Katie travel to Boston for Colleen's graduation from Harvard Medical School. Her father in law Dr. Charles Cook helped her get into Harvard and audit the last of the classes that she needed. What she doesn't know until after she' told she got the top score on the final test, he did so believing being around "real" medical students at Harvard would dissuade her from her dream of being a doctor. Mrs. Quinn has even pulled some strings to get Brian an interview for a potential job at The Boston Globe, which they haven't told the rest of the family.
When they arrive in Boston, they learn that Mrs. Quinn is in the hospital as the result of heart seizures, which she's been having for several months. She insists on going home, contrary to the medical advice of both Dr. Cook and Dr. Mike. After Brian gets his apprenticeship, nobody knows until he gets an article published about a suffrage rally.
After Colleen's graduation, Dr. Mike shows Colleen some one of the orphanages in Boston, among the only places she was allowed to practice after her father died. (The others being the poor house and asylum.)
- Elizabeth Quinn - had been having heart seizures for months - given strychnine
- Brian to work as an apprentice to Phineas Croft at The Boston Globe
- Brian gets a concussion after the carriage tips due to people trying to hurt Sully when he refuses to be bribed
- Mrs. Quinn dies the same day the ship with Dr. Ingalls and Dr. Lafarge arrives in Boston.
- Elizabeth Quinn's full name is Elizabeth Ann Weston Quinn