|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||2 Jan 1993|
|Written by||Beth Sullivan|
|Directed by||Chuck Bowman|
Epidemic is the second episode of Season 1 of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
Olive Davis & her cowhands return from a cattle drive in Old Mexico bringing the grippe (influenza) with them. The resulting epidemic stops the stage from bringing food, supplies, & medicine. Dr. Mike does her best to treat the epidemic & runs out of quinine when she herself gets sick. The Cheyenne medicine man is left as the only person in town that can cure Dr. Mike.
- Arc: Olive Davis, part 1 of 11.
- First appearance of Olive Davis (former Olive Bray), Grace, and General Custer.
- Miss Olive, as the kids call her, is a rancher and Loren Bray’s sister. Grace is one of Miss Olive’s cattle hands.
- First epidemic on the show.
- Robert E. falls in love with Grace the first time he sees her.
- Dr. Mike & Olive share some hostility over the children as the result of Olive believing they should have been given to her when Charlotte died.
- Miss Olive gifts Matthew with a gun.
- Colleen decides, after watching Dr. Mike care for the sick, that she wants to be a doctor herself.
- Grace returns from the cattle drive w/ Olive.
- Horace Bing
- Brian Cooper
- Emily Donavan and her baby
- Sam Donavan (husband of Emily) †
- Jake Slicker
- Dr. Mike
- Ingrid's dad †
† Dies as a result
Dr. Mike's AidesEdit
- Jane Seymour as Dr. Michaela Quinn
- Joe Lando as Byron Sully
- Chad Allen as Matthew Cooper
- Erika Flores as Colleen Cooper
- Shawn Toovey as Brian Cooper
- Gail Strickland as Olive Davis
- Jonelle Allen as Grace
- Jim Knobeloch as Jake Slicker
- Geoffrey Lower as Rev. Timothy Johnson
- Henry G. Sanders as Robert E.
- Orson Bean as Loren Bray
- Frank Collison as Horace
- Heidi Kozak as Emily
- Larry Sellers as Cloud Dancing
- William Shockley as Hank
- Helene Udy as Myra
- Taylor Nichols as General Custer
- Ashley Jones as Ingrid