|Fathers and Sons|
|Season 3, Episode 2|
|Air date||1 Oct 1994|
|Written by||Josef Anderson|
|Directed by||Jerry Jameson|
Cattle Drive, Part 1
Fathers and Sons is the second episode of the Season 3 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the forty-third episode of the series.
Loren dyes his hair, annouces that he's going to travel to Bolivia, and leaves town on his "trip" to try to prove that he's not too old for a trip of that sort. Meanwhile, Brian runs away to avoid "catching" puberty. Neither of them expect to be treed by a bear, especially in the same tree.
- Jake and Hank have a practical joke battle
- Brian and his friend Steven want to know about girls, and ask around town - Matthew, Jake, Horace, and even Hank, before Brian finally gets the talk he was looking for from Loren
- Dr. Mike attempts to "talk to" Brian about the birds and the bees
- Colleen and Dr. Mike have a good talk, resulting in Colleen telling Dr. Mike Sully is only looking at her
- The Cheyenne give Loren the name: 'He Who Stands up to the Bear', and Sully convinces him to stay for the ceremony