|Season 2, Episode 8|
|Air date||27 Nov 1993|
|Written by||Beth Sullivan|
|Directed by||Michele Lee|
Where the Heart Is
Giving Thanks is the seventh episode of Season 2 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman and the twenty-fourth episode overall.
It's Thanksgiving and the area is in the middle of a drought. Dr. Mike believes the Cheyenne can help the people in town survive, but the suspicions and prejudices of Jake and Loren threaten to get in the way.
Jake and Loren steal water from what they believe to be the Cheyenne's secret supply of water, and sell it to others in town, despite warnings from Cloud Dancing. It doesn't turn out quite like they expected it to and turns into an outbreak of dysentery .
Dr. Mike and Sully take their first steps at officially courting.
- Sully shows Dr. Mike where he goes when he needs to reorient himself.
- A drought causes many of the townspeople's crops to fail. The Cheyenne Indians show how to grow and store food to those townspeople who listen.
- A contaminated lake causes dysentery to many of the townspeople.
- Arc: Holidays. The first Thanksgiving is celebrated. The Cheyenne Indians bring a turkey, and other food to the townspeople for Thanksgiving. The next holiday episode is Mike's Dream: A Christmas Tale.
- Dorothy Jennings (dysentery)
- Jake Slicker (dysentery)
- Loren Bray (dysentery)
- Robert E (dysentery)
- many others for dysentery