|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Air date||27 Mar 1993|
|Written by||Toni Perling|
|Directed by||Chuck Bowman|
Rite of Passage
Happy Birthday is the twelfth episode of Season 1 of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
Matthew, Colleen, & Brian find out that Dr. Mike's about to have a birthday & decide try to find her a husband. they first attempt to set her up with Sully, who's not up for it, then the Reverend. While the whole town is planning her surprise party, Dr. Mike suspects that they feel sorry for her. Meanwhile, Jake tries to deal with causing the death of one of his customers by drinking it away.
- Dr. Mike gets a box from her mother. It has a letter saying that it's in honor of her 35th birthday, & contains a set of china, all of which has been broken in transit, except one cup.
- Hank attempts to court Dr. Mike
- The town gives Dr. Mike a sign for the clinic as her birthday present
- Dr. Mike & Sully, all dressed up have their first kiss after he gives her a saddle for her birthday
- Happy Birthday marks the first episode of Jake being seen drunk. Jake's drunkenness was first alluded to in the episode The Visitor by Hank.