|Season 6, Episode 12|
|Air date||20 dec 1997|
|Written by||Carl Binder|
|Directed by||James Keach|
Homecoming is the twelfth episode of Season 6 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the one hundred thirtieth episode of the series.
After Dr. Mike and Sully return from bringing Black Moon's braves safely to the Northern Cheyenne, they begin the trip home, but come across Chester and Hallie Barnes, a young, married couple who are lost, and help them find the New Hope settlement they're looking for. On the way, Sully teaches them some of what he knows about living in the wilderness. Due to the delay, they don't get home for Christmas quite as soon as they had planned on, but do make it just in time.
Meanwhile, Daniel is offered a job running a mining operation away from Colorado Springs and is tempted to give up being sheriff and take the job.
- Story Arc: The Separation, part 15 of 16, first epilogue episode. Although Sully isn't hiding, and isn't separated from Michaela in this episode, The Homecoming is the first epilogue episode of "The Separation" arc. "The Separation" arc started in the two-parter episodes Moment of Truth. To Have and to Hold is the final episode that is the concluding story for the arc.
- Character Arc: Daniel Simon, part 12 of 15. The town gifts Daniel with a sign saying he's sheriff.
- Sully offered a job as a scout for the National Park service
- Character references: Robert E. and Grace are in New Orleans for Christmas.
- Brian starts to read A Christmas Carol, Dr. Mike and Sully get back just as he's finishing
- The Army officially leaves Colorado Springs. The Army encampment seen in the background of the episodes of the first half of season 6 is torn down at the beginning of this episode.
- Plot Device Arc: Holidays. The sixth and final Christmas is celebrated.
- Hallie Barnes - cough