Today influenza is commonly known as the flu, but back in the time the show took place it was known as "the grippe." It's caused by a virus that attacks the respiratory system & can be fatal.
- Chills & sweats
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Fatigue & weakness
- Nasal congestion
- Irritated, watery eyes
- Reddening of the eyes, skin, mouth, throat, and/or nose
- Diarrhea and/or abdominal pain in children
It can be hard to tell the diffrence between influenza & the common cold.
- Quinine to bring down the fever.
- Sponging down the head/shoulders.
- tea made with purple cone flowers
- Horace Bing (Epidemic)
- Brian Cooper (Epidemic)
- Emily Donavan (Epidemic)
- Jake Slicker (Epidemic)
- Dr. Mike (Epidemic)