|Lead Me Not|
|Season 6, Episode 7|
|Air date||8 Nov 1997|
|Directed by||Carl Binder|
A Place Called Home
A Time to Heal
Lead Me Not is the seventh episode of Season 6 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman and the one hundred twenty-fifth episode of the series. Marjorie Quinn returns to town with members of the Women's Temperance League. They set the town in an uproar when they try to outlaw alcohol. Meanwhile, Jake experiences jealousy when he sees Hank and Teresa Morales having private meetings. He's unaware that she's teaching Hank how to read. Grace started taking a tonic after Anthony's death, a tonic that's mostly alcohol she was given by Andrew. She does her best to try to hide it when she switches to secretly drinking the tonic by the cupful, but can't hide her addiction from Robert E. Outside of town, Sully and Cloud Dancing try to reason with Black Moon to stop the violence, but Black Moon imagines a victory over the cavalry.
- Story Arc: The Separation, part 9 of 16.
- Story Arc: Grace and Robert E.’s Grief, part 2 of 7.
- Jake gets drunk after seeing Teresa with Hank at Grace's, and starts singing with a gun on the balcony of Loren's store. Jakes and Robert E. both fall from the balcony after struggling over the revolver. Jake becomes drunk four times in two days. After the final time Jake becomes drunk, Michaela tells Jake that she can't help him anymore about his drunkenness. Michaela also tells him not to return to her homestead after he nearly drops Katie during his last drunken stupor in Michael's home. He later thanks Michaela for what she said, and promises himself and Teresa that he will quit drinking.
- Teresa teaches Hank to read and write.
- Jake Slicker - fall from Loren's balcony
- Robert E. - broken arm from fall when fighting for Jake's gun