|One Touch of Nature|
|Season 4, Episode 10|
Hell on Wheels
One Touch of Nature is the tenth episode of Season 4 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the seventy-fifth episode of the series.
Dr. Mike worries that she'll be unable to conceive the baby that she and Sully want. She asks Dr. Bernard, an obstetrician from Denver, to come and examine her, which he does on his way to visit his family in El Paso for Thanksgiving.
Meanwhile, the town is debating on whether or not they should share Thanksgiving with the Indians on the reservation. The Indians are starving because the promised provisions from the government are being stolen by those in charge. The town is reminded of how the Indians helped them when they were starving. At the same time they are preparing for the feast, Brian starts to get attached to the turkey Grace is fattening up. Jake, despondent that he has no family with whom to spend Thanksgiving, plans on spending it alone, until he injures himself falling off his horse while drunk and Cloud Dancing rescues him. Cloud Dancing also helps Jake to understand that the community is his family.
The episode ends with the town celebrating Thanksgiving at the reservation with the Indians. Dr. Mike goes there later and tells Sully that they are going to have a baby.
- Seeing the Bakers lose their baby reminds Sully of losing Abagail and their baby. It scares him.
- Arc: Holidays. The third Thanksgiving is celebrated. The next holiday episode is Fifi's First Christmas.
- Jenny Baker - childbirth - cord wrapped around baby's neck
- Jake Slicker - after he falls off his horse when drunk - tended to by Cloud Dancing
- Dr. Michaela Quinn - examination by Dr. Bernard