|Season 6, Episode 21|
|Air date||9 May 1998|
|Written by||Eric Tuchman|
|Directed by||Steve Dubin|
To Have and to Hold
A New Beginning
The Fight is the twenty-first episode of Season 6 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the one hundred thirty-ninth episode of the series.
Barracuda Jim Barnes, a travelling boxing champion comes to town, and invites any man to challenge him in a fight. Robert E., upset about Anthony's death and Grace leaving, rises to the challenge. Robert E. does beat the boxer twice. In part due to the discovery of Dr. Mike that he's close to losing his eyesight.
- Story Arc: Grace and Robert E.’s Grief, part 6 of 7.
- The first time Robert E. wins, Jim was told to take the fall
- The second fight, Robert E. won due to the sun in Jim's eye
- The third fight, Robert E. goes out of control
- Mr. Barnes - irritated retina