|The Great American Medicine Show|
|Season 1, Episode 8|
|Air date||13 Feb 1993|
|Written by||Toni Perling|
|Directed by||Richard T. Heffron|
A Cowboy's Lullaby
The Great American Medicine Show is the eighth episode of Season 1 of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
Doc Eli, a medicine show man, shows up in town along with his Kickapoo Medicine Show & sagwa. While he's in town Myra is diagnosed with a tumor on her ovary after thinking that she's pregnant & needs an operation that Dr. Mike has only assisted in before.
- Doc Eli graduated from John's Hopkins class of 1846, while Dr. Mike graduated from Womens Medical College of Pennsylvania class on 1860
- Franklin turn out to be not Kickapoo, but Cheyenne, along with his son Lucas.
- Myra has a year left on her contract with Hank.
- Myra and Horace get engaged.
- Wolf - got into fight with a bobcat.
- Myra - She first tells Dr. Mike she's pregnant, but later learns that she's not & instead has a tumor which Dr. Mike w/ the help of Doc Eli successfully removes.
- Franklin - is brought in after jumping off the water tower, but is fine other then being drunk.
The Johns Hopkins University was founded in 1876, so Dr. Eli could not have attended the school — nor would it have even existed during the timeline of this episode, which takes place cira 1867.