|Season 3, Episode 5|
|Written by||Andrew Lipsitz|
|Directed by||Victor Lobl|
Cattle Drive, Part 2
The Library is the fifth episode of Season 3 Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, the forty-sixth episode of the series
Mrs. Quinn sends her husband's books out to Dr. Mike, and Dr. Mike decides to start a town library with them. Others in town find some of the books inappropriate for people to read, including some of the classic novels. The town council tries to close the library, and even burns a few books. Things change when Dr. Mike brings a Bible into church, points out that it has many of the things they find as objectionable reading material without telling them what book it is. After she hands it to the Reverend, she tells the congregation that it's "the Holy Bible."
Titles found Objectionable
- Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
- The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Vampyre by John William Polidori
- The Bible at first by the Reverend until Michaela says the title out loud.
- A real library is created, and christened the Josef Quinn Memorial Library. The name of the library reveals the first name of Dr. Quinn, Josef, Michaela's father. Josef Quinn appears to be named after the supervising producer for the show, Josef Anderson. A fake library was "opened" in The Train as part of trying to convince the railroad committee to choose Colorado Springs over Soda Springs.