|The Man in the Moon|
|Season 2, Episode 23|
|Air date||14 May 1994|
|Written by||Toni Graphia|
|Directed by||Rachel Feldman|
The Man in the Moon is the twenty-third episode of the Season 2 of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman, and the fortieth episode of the series.
Hank goes into a drunken rage and shoots up the town in response to Myra leaving the Saloon. Due to his actions, he ends up in a coma. While he's in a coma, Myra is by his side praying, despite all of the mistreatment from Hank, angering Horace, and all of this convinces Horace he needs a gun to protect Myra in the future.
- Dr. Mike tells Sully what "Myra wants" for an engagement, not realizing she's really telling him what she wants.
- First indication that Horace is controlling.
- Horace buys a revolver and holster to protect himself and Myra from Hank. He first had a shotgun in The Incident.
- Myra attends church for the first time, and professes that the Church was the most beautiful building in town when she first arrived in Colorado Springs.
- Mrs. Quinn sends Brian a telescope. Colleen and Brian fight over and eventually break the telescope. Colleen calls Brian stupid because he believes a person can go to the moon.
- Hank won't let Myra keep the articles of clothing that he bought for her.
- Hank is found passed out on the ground outside his saloon by two of his working girls. Jake, Loren, and other townspeople drink Hank's stock of alcohol at the saloon while he is in a coma. Myra, Jake, Loren, Grace, and Dr. Mike all talk to Hank while he is in a coma.
- Hank Lawson - after being hit on the head by a piece of wood Sully threw when Hank was about to shoot Myra while drunk, and to relieve the pressure on his brain after he goes in to a coma after refusing to let Dr. Mike treat him.