|The Most Fatal Disease|
|Season 5, Episode 16|
|Air date||1 Feb 1997|
|Written by||Chris Abbott|
|Directed by||James Keach|
Kid Cole and Sister Ruth return to town escorting mail-order brides to California. It doesn't take long for the tension between the two of them to become apparent. When Dr. Mike learns that Kid Cole is terminally ill and is trying to make it so Sister Ruth doesn't feel like she has to take care of him and Sister Ruth comes to her for advice, Dr. Mike has decisions to make.
- Kid Cole claims a doctor in St. Louis says his consumption is gone (he lied)
- Arc: Kid Cole, part 4 of 4.
- Arc: Sister Ruth, part 3 of 3.
- Kid Cole and Sister Ruth make their final appearances on the show. Kid Cole first appeared in Law of the Land. Kid Cole (Johnny Cash) and Sister Ruth (June Carter Cash) both appeared in the episodes Saving Souls, and Thanksgiving.
- Rose Gardner - malnutrion and poor circulation